- Where have we come from?
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- What will happen if we don’t get there?
- What are forces or drivers for this change?
- What are the forces or drivers against this change?
- What are the strongest forces for change?
- What are the strongest forces against change?
- What will be the impact of changing?
- What will be the impact of not changing?
- Is change viable?
(2) What is your vision for the changed organisation?
- Has this been communicated to your people?
- If so, do they share this vision? [If not, why not]
(3) How would you describe your organisation, its culture and core processes now - (key characteristics) - key issues (actions and behaviours) - major focus (areas of impact)?
- Have you documented any of this?
- Have you defined cultural frameworks of your organisation - to show "this is what we look like"?
(4) How do you want the business to look after everyone's changed - how will the specifics of the culture and core processes have changed?
- Where are the gaps between now and where you want to be?
- What steps are needed to close the gaps?
- What are the implications of this?
- Do you know the steps to be undertaken to get from: "where are we now" to "where we want to be"?
- Have you identified, for each step, the implications – specifically the people impacts and the issues and exposures that have to be addressed to progress to the next step?
(5) Do you have a clear blueprint that defines your changed organisation after the change?
- Is it going to be actively used in a structured manner to maintain focus throughout the duration of your change initiative?