Self Improvement Resources
Managing Personal Change
How can these self improvement resources help me?
The self improvement resources that are featured here will help you deal with the considerable challenge of managing personal change.
Kotter has said that the scale and pace of change that is impacting organisations now is such that it cannot often be planned for and it increasingly pushes leaders (and followers) beyond their own capacity to handle it.
This scale and pace of change requires adaptive solutions.
However, an adaptive response to change is only possible when we have have either the personal capacity to do this, or have the self improvement resources to help us.
Organisational Change Is Inseparable From Personal Change
Managing Personal Change - Resources HERE
How can we overcome our own personal "knowing doing gap"?
We specifically need help to overcome what is often referred to as the "knowing doing gap", or as Professor Robert Kegan (Immunity to change) puts it:
"... how to close the gap between our intentions, things we actually want to carry out, and what we are actually able to do".
How can we overcome our own personal "immunity to change" or inner resistance?
The inherent (and flawed) assumption in most training and work-related attempts at encouraging personal change (in support of organisational change) is that it is skills based, in other words we can be taught to change.
Whilst it is true that we can be taught, generally we won't change.
We can't change because of our "immunity to change" or inner resistance.
We need help in overcoming our own personal "knowing-doing" gap.
The self-improvement resources featured here have been selected to help you identify your own personal "knowing doing" gap, and to deal with your personal "immunity to change".
The baby and the bathwater
- To be blunt, there is such a lot of rubbish and hype generated over self improvement resources that I very nearly didn't post these pages.
- However, on reflection, I decided this really would be a case of "throwing the baby out with the bath water".
- In my direct personal experience, there are some excellent and worthy self improvement resources out there that really can make a difference to our lives, and that do address the core issues of immunity/inner resistance to change, and I want to share these with you.
- I have used each of these resources either in the form of the product or service shown or in a generic form, and over many years. I commend each of these resources to you.
- I have created a separate page for each resource that provides an overview together with an outline of my own experience and a recommendation.
- Most of these resources offer a free service option in the form of newsletters and support material and all give good guarantees and have a full refund policy.
Personal Development Tools
Meditation Programme + Relaxation Music
Personal Development + Spiritual Growth Programmes
If you are interested in a wider range of personal growth products then I recommend best selling author Bradley Thompson's SelfHelpStreet.com
This simple site contains Bradley's round-up of the very best self-development tools available today.
While you're there, why not join Bradley's Self-Development Newsletter and claim $4000 in FREE self-growth goodies?
To subscribe just - CLICK HERE
Are you ready to find out how to change your life ?
Zen Tools - For Tough Times
Return from "Self Improvement Resources" to: Home Page